Richard Gasquet of France and defending champion Jo-Wilfried

in Pony-Like Screenshots Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:41 am
by Bellroll33 • 210 Posts

MARSEILLE, France -- Top-seeded Richard Gasquet of France and defending champion Jo-Wilfried Tsonga both advanced to the Open 13 semifinals on Friday. After Gasquet beat fifth-seeded Ivan Dodig of Croatia 7-5, 6-3, Tsonga followed up with a 6-7 (3), 6-2, 6-2 win against sixth-seeded Edouard Roger-Vasselin in an all-French match. Gasquet, ranked ninth, broke Dodig twice in the first set and once more in the second set, where he saved three break-points of his own. He sealed the win on his own serve when Dodigs forehand from the back of the court was wide. "I played a solid match. I served well, didnt really drop off at all during the match and managed to save some break-points," said Gasquet, who lost the Open Sud de France final in Montpellier to countryman Gael Monfils earlier this month. "Im happy to be in the semifinals. Its the first time Ive reached the semifinals here so Id like to get to the final." Gasquet next faces third-seeded Ernests Gulbis of Latvia, who won 6-3, 7-6 (1) against No. 8 Nicolas Mahut of France to reach his second consecutive semifinal. He leads the 23rd-ranked Gulbis 2-0 in the career head-to-heads. Tsonga, who improved to 4-0 against Roger-Vasselin, next faces Germanys Jan-Lennard Struff, who continued his run toward a first career final with a 6-4, 6-3 win against Frenchman Michael Llodra. "Edouard played very well. He took his chance in the tiebreaker and was very aggressive," Tsonga said. "It was tricky and Im glad to have got out of it. I hope I recover well so that I can play a good match tomorrow." Tsonga broke Roger-Vasselin twice in the second and third sets, and sealed victory on his first match point with a backhand pass down the line. But Tsonga, who had 39 winners, was unhappy with his overall performance. "I got through with my serve tonight," he said. "The rest wasnt great and at one point I wanted to leave the court because I was ashamed of how I was playing." The 23-year-old Struff, who is ranked 117th, had nine aces, won 87 per cent of first-service points, did not face a single break-point and broke Llodras serve three times in a dominant performance. Juan Guillermo Cuadrado Colombia Jersey . This has become the Raptors mantra as they embark on a new era with a new regime and, in the not-so-distant future, a new image. Carlos Sanchez Moreno Jersey . -- Canadian ski cross star Marielle Thompson accomplished two goals in one race Saturday. http://www.nationalcolombiafootball.com/luis-muriel-colombia-jersey/ . Coming off a 6-0 drubbing at Chelsea on Saturday, Arsenal endured another demoralizing result after rallying for a 2-1 lead -- only to concede a fluke equalizer. Juan Guillermo Cuadrado Jersey . That Ginette Reno can sing. Jose Fernando Cuadrado Colombia Jersey . Beckham finished 2 for 4, adding a double in the first inning. Chicago has won eight of 12 to get back to .500 (27-27). The White Sox are 6-3 against Cleveland this season after losing 17 of 19 to their American League Central rival in 2013. Mike Aviles went 1 for 2 with a walk and drove in Clevelands run.NASHVILLE -- Letting the rookie quarterbacks play and keeping the starters on the sideline may have been the best decisions Vikings coach Mike Zimmer and Titans coach Ken Whisenhunt made all night. Teddy Bridgewater threw a touchdown in his first NFL start, Joe Banyard ran for 111 yards and the Vikings wrapped up a perfect preseason beating the Tennessee Titans 19-3 on Thursday night. Blair Walsh kicked four field goals, and the Vikings defence had three sacks in a game where both coaches protected their starters by keeping them safely on the sidelines as a storm drenched LP Field most of the first half. Lightning less than 3 miles away delayed the kickoff of Temple at Vanderbilt. Titans quarterback Jake Locker and Matt Cassel of the Vikings both dressed and warmed up. Locker didnt bring his helmet out for kickoff with Zach Mettenberger getting his first start, while the Vikings also went with their rookie. Vikings running back Adrian Peterson warmed up, too, but he sat a fourth straight preseason game. Those starters spent the night watching teammates finish up the preseason, many holding towels over their heads against the rain. Defensive lineman Jurrell Casey, who signed a $36 million extension Wednesday, at least got some action in high-fiving the Titans as they ran into the field for kickoff. Zimmer, who interviewed for the Titans head coaching job before Tennessee hired Ken Whisenhunt, finished off the Vikings seventh undefeated preseason and first since 2001. Zimmer announced Monday that Casssel will start at quarterback Sept.dddddddddddd. 7 when Minnesota opens at St. Louis. Bridgewater showed why he will be ready if the Vikings decide to make a change during the season. Bridgewater escaped two would-be sacks on the opening drive, and drove the Vikings 80 yards over more than 6 minutes. He completed 3 of his 4 passes and capped the drive with a 3-yard TD pass to Adam Thielen. Bridgewater played two series and was 4 of 9 for 17 yards with a touchdown. Walsh kicked three field goals in the first half as the Vikings scored on their first four drives with only Ponder kneeling down on the final play of the first half the only time they didnt finish with points. Banyard did most of the damage, ripping through the Titans backups over and over again. Banyard had 69 yards on 11 carries in the first quarter alone, and the second-year pro out of Texas-El Paso who has never carried in the regular season made his case with all 111 yards on 18 carries in the first half. Christian Ponder, the 12th overall pick in 2011, took over in the second quarter for Bridgewater. Ponder was 12 of 15 for 121 yards in his most play this preseason. Mettenberger, a sixth-round draft pick out of LSU, came in having thrown for more yards than anyone else this preseason. He was 12 of 17 for 154 yards but lost the ball when sacked by Corey Wootton. Dominique Davis took over for the Titans late in the third quarter, and the quarterback signed Tuesday threw deep on his first play and was intercepted by Julian Posey. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Paloma
Board Statistics
The forum has 4950 topics and 5306 posts.

0 members have been online today:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen