runs, on his 12th homer this season.McCa

in Pony-Like Screenshots Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:51 am
by corse178 • 1.660 Posts

LAS VEGAS -- Adding Kevin Durant to the?Warriors?will reduce the roles of Golden States incumbent stars. Naturally, the question becomes who bears the brunt of that -- who must make the most difficult sacrifice on a team?thats sure to score so easily?Put another way: Who will be Golden States Chris Bosh?Back in 2010, when Bosh and LeBron James joined Dwyane Wade to form the Miami Heat juggernaut, it was Bosh -- a superstar in his own right -- who saw a transition from franchise player to supporting actor. It was a journey that proved tougher than he imagined.In 2014, Bosh caused a stir with his words of warning for Kevin Love after the former Minnesota Timberwolves star became the final piece of the Cleveland Cavaliers Big Three:Its going to be very difficult for [Love]. Even if I was in his corner and I was able to tell him what to expect and what to do, it still doesnt make any difference. Its extremely difficult and extremely frustrating. Hes going to have to deal with it.Bosh received criticism for that warning but was validated when Love struggled to grapple with rarely grasping the rock. Its not a natural thing for an All-Star to subsist on the periphery of a championship-level offense.Among Golden States new Big Four, Klay Thompsons name keeps coming up when you pose this question to people around the league and inside the Warriors organization. Hes the one who already mostly plays off the ball. He already largely makes do with whatever shots come his way within the flow of the offense.The emergence of Draymond Green as a facilitator pushed Thompson away from the action, reducing his unassisted opportunities. Thompson received praise for accepting that role when other All-Stars might chafe at being underused. Whats great about Klay Thompson is that hes good with being Klay Thompson.What happens to Thompson when former MVP and four-time scoring champ Kevin Durant is the guy acting as Thompson?Whats interesting in this new superteam construction is how Thompson has initially welcomed -- even lobbied for -- this change. Amusingly, in his Hamptons pitch to Durant, Thompson mentioned how many open shots hed get from Durants presence before sheepishly shifting to how Durant would also benefit from the arrangement. Everyone, including Durant, had a good laugh at the quick pivot to getting back on message.With Durants arrival, Thompson is anticipating a positive trade-off: He will get fewer shots, but those shots will be blissfully unguarded. When asked if hed rather have more shots or get fewer shots that all happened to be wide open, Thompson replied: Definitely open shots, you know? Its one thing to get shots, but its easier to be more efficient when youre getting open looks. So I definitely go with the latter.?At Team USA practice, on the subject of sacrificing his role on the Warriors, Thompson said: I know how good I am in this league. Im not going to judge my performance off numbers or anything. If we get wins, it really doesnt matter, man. Its all good.On whether he might get less attention for his exploits, Thompson said: I feel like I get enough attention, man, [by] showing people how good I am. [Getting less attention] doesnt matter to me.Thompson has clearly demonstrated that he cares not for attention. Hes the rare NBA player who tries to quickly escape interviews after his biggest scoring performances. As Golden States PR czar Raymond Ridder frequently says of Thompson, If he never did another interview again, hed be happy.Though there are certain trappings of NBA life Thompson enjoys, fame itself rankles. He finds it annoying when, say, TMZ breathlessly covers him leaving a scene with multiple women.One of those girls was my cousin, man, Thompson said before a game in Atlanta, with typical shrugging exasperation.If this new situation further obscures his impact to prying eyes, so much the better. Thompson prefers his universe reduced to some combination of basketball, dog and occasional fun.He might actually mean it when stating the hoary NBA cliché that his primary motivation is, Just to get rings, man.When asked in Vegas of the memories that fuel him, Thompson said, I felt that feeling of winning before and I was so close again. The pain of losing is way worse than that of winning. So I just want to keep winning, man. And were set up hopefully not just for this year but for years after to do it, and thats what really motivates me.That isnt to say that Thompson is averse to leaving a legacy. He just feels hes accomplished enough individually to prioritize collective accomplishments.On when his priorities shifted, Thompson said, It was last year in the Finals. I had a game where I had five points and we still won. No one ever talks about that to me at least. They just talk about how great a year we had. Steve Kerr helped me a lot with that. He said: Klay, it doesnt matter how many points youre going to score. No ones going to remember 20 years down the line what you did in Game 3, 4, 5 unless it was something crazy. But theyll remember that team that brought that Bay Area championship back for the first time in 40 years.On this new venture, Thompson isnt thinking about Bosh, but instead at someone who played the same position.I look at a guy like Manu Ginobili who came off the bench almost his entire career, Thompson said. Never averaged more than 20 points a game, but hes a four-time champion, you know? He could have easily been on another team and averaged 25 a game, but he sacrificed to win, and thats what I expect to do next year. I dont care about averaging 25 or even 20. I just want to finish it out and get back to the Finals and enjoy that ride. Oscar Robertson Jersey .com) - The game was all punts and field goals before Kodi Whitfields catch. Harry Giles Kings Jersey . After slipping from the summit during the week, the Gunners overcame struggling Crystal Palace 2-0 on Sunday thanks to Alex Oxlade-Chamberlains second-half brace. http://www.nbakingsonline.com/Authentic-Yogi-Ferrell-Kings-Jersey/ . -- Stanfords Kevin Danser knelt on one knee and hardly moved on the sideline as Michigan State celebrated its Rose Bowl victory and his Cardinal teammates made their way to the locker room. Mike Bibby Jersey . The Canadian squad, skipped by Jennifer Jones of Winnipeg, got on the board first with two in the second end, and followed that with two more apiece in the fourth and sixth ends. Mitch Richmond Jersey .Y. -- Canadas Kaillie Humphries and Heather Moyse have another World Cup gold medal after winning the two-women bobsled race on Saturday in Lake Placid, N. HOUSTON -- Lance McCullers isnt reveling in his success after two straight 10-strikeout games.Houstons 22-year-old starter remains focused on improving.Its a good two starts, but tomorrow its back to what I can do to try to help the team win against Toronto the following week, he said. So thats all Im really thinking about right now.McCullers fanned 10 in six solid innings, Colby Rasmus broke out of a slump with a two-run homer and the Astros beat the New York Yankees 4-1 on Wednesday night.McCullers (6-4) allowed five hits and one run and his 10 strikeouts tied a season high.All in all hes becoming a little more of a complete pitcher the more that he utilizes all his weapons, manager A.J. Hinch said.He kept the Yankees off-balance by throwing almost as many curveballs as fastballs, but to Brian McCann it seemed like more than that.Hes got one of the better curveballs youre going to see and out of 90 pitches it seemed like he threw 89 of them, McCann said. He has a great arm and a really good curveball.Rasmus snapped an 0-for-29 skid when he sent an off-speed pitch from Masahiro Tanaka (7-3) into the seats behind the bullpen in right-center field to make it 4-0 with one out in the third.He said he hasnt felt right most of this month after getting an ear infection early in July.My ear had a little bit to do with it, kind of got me down those few days there to get my balance off and what not, he said. I was trying to play through it and suck it up. I got that kind of tamed now ... so Im hoping that can get me on a good roll and I can help this team win some ball games.Ken Giles and Luke Gregerson pitched a scoreless inning each before Will Harris got his 11th save by striking out two in the ninth.Tanaka, who entered the game with a 1.50 ERA in nine road starts, allowed seven hits and four runs in five innings for the loss. He had thrown 12 1/3 straight scoreless innings on the road before an RBI single by Carlos Gomez with one out in the first inning.He had the onee bad inning.dddddddddddd. He left the (splitter) up, he left a couple pitches up that inning, manager Joe Girardi said. They made him work. He had a real easy first inning and then after that they really made him work. The one inning really did him in.Marwin Gonzalez extended his hitting streak to a career-high 11 games with a single to start the third. He advanced to second on a groundout and took third on a wild pitch. A single by Carlos Correa came next to score Gonzalez and push the lead to 2-0.Rasmus then collected his first hit since July 5, when he also homered and drove in two runs, on his 12th homer this season.McCann cut the lead to 4-1 when he led off the fourth inning with a home run to center field.Didi Gregorius singled with one out before McCullers walked Starlin Castro. But McCullers ended the threat by striking out the next two batters to end the inning.McCullers then struck out the side in the fifth to make it five in a row.McCanns homer was the highlight of the night for the Yankees, who managed just four other hits, which were all singles, and struck out a season-high 15 times.TRAINERS ROOMAstros: Houston 3B Luis Valbuena was out of the lineup after leaving Tuesdays game in the second inning with a strained right hamstring. Hinch said he was feeling better on Wednesday and was confident that he would avoid a trip to the disabled list. ... Gomez left the game before the third inning with a strained right hamstring, but said after the game that he didnt think it was serious.UP NEXTYankees: New York has a day off Thursday before opening a three-game series at Tampa Bay with Ivan Nova (7-5, 4.65) on the mound.Astros: Houston is off on Thursday before Collin McHugh (7-6, 4.18) starts in the opener of a three-game series at Detroit. McHugh allowed two runs and six hits in six innings of a win over the Angels on Saturday. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Paloma
Board Statistics
The forum has 4950 topics and 5306 posts.

0 members have been online today:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen