tackle Terrence Cody, whos under investigation for an

in Pony-Like Screenshots Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:06 am
by Bellroll33 • 210 Posts

OWINGS MILLS, Md. - The Baltimore Ravens intend to cut ties with defensive tackle Terrence Cody, whos under investigation for animal cruelty.The Ravens made no reference to the investigation Friday, when it issued a one-sentence news release that said Codys contract will be terminated after the Super Bowl.A team spokesman, however, said, We are aware there is an investigation.The 26-year-old Cody is the subject of an ongoing probe launched by the Baltimore County States Attorneys office. No charges have been filed.According to Codys agent, Peter Schaffer, Cody took his dog to a veterinarian for treatment and the pet subsequently died.If the dog was being treated cruelly, why take it to a vet? Schaffer said in a telephone interview. When the dog passed away, Terrence was in tears.Schaffer called the investigation shameful.Its not even a story. Its a joke, Schaffer said. If he wasnt a professional athlete, this would never have happened.Schaffer said Cody paid around $8,000 for the purchase and transportation of the dog.Cody was selected out of Alabama by the Ravens in the second round of the 2010 draft. Although he started all 16 games in 2011, the 6-foot-4, 340-pound Cody never quite lived up to expectations.He started only three games during Baltimores Super Bowl season in 2012 and started only once in 2013.Cody missed the first 12 games of the 2014 season following hip surgery. He was activated on Nov. 4 but played in only one game, seeing limited action in Miami on Dec. 7.His one-year, $730,000 contract was set to expire in March. Cody will then become an unrestricted free agent.Schaffer said the timing of his dismissal from Baltimore stems from the current climate in the NFL, which includes the suspension of Ravens running back Ray Rice.The Ravens have to deal with a situation in the NFL created by overreaction, Schaffer said. The young mans dog died. They shouldnt force a team to do this.___Online:AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/ap_nfl Swell Flaska Sverige . The Blue Jays lost to the New York Yankees 3-1 Tuesday night, their seventh defeat in 10 games. Rasmus was put on the 15-day DL on May 15 because of a sore right hamstring. Hes hitting .222 with nine home runs and 19 RBIs. Swell Vattenflaska . Rinehart joins safety Darrell Stuckey and linebacker Donald Butler as potential unrestricted free agents who are remaining with the team. http://www.swellbottlesverige.com/swell-marmor.html .com) - Damian Lillard poured in 40 points on 11-of-21 shooting to go along with 11 assists, and the Portland Trail Blazers stunned the Oklahoma City Thunder, 115-111, in overtime on Tuesday. Swell Flaska . Consider it received. Attacking on offence early and often, the Penguins topped the Columbus Blue Jackets 3-1 on Saturday night as Jussi Jokinen scored the go-ahead goal in the third period to help give Pittsburgh a 3-2 lead in the Eastern Conference playoff series. Swell Flaska 500 ml .C. -- The shot that would have beaten No. CEDAR PARK, Texas -- After allowing five goals in Game 1 of the American Hockey League final, Michael Hutchinson went back to the hotel Monday night and did his homework to prepare for Game 2 against the Texas Stars on Tuesday. That preparation was even more crucial as the Stars fired 50 shots against the goaltender, but Hutchinson stopped 49 of them in a 2-1 victory to even up the Calder Cup final at a game apiece as it heads back to St. Johns for Games 3 through 5. "We went over all their scoring chances and all my touches, and kind of got to see myself from a different angle," said Hutchinson. "I think that really helped me coming into the game tonight, knowing what to expect and I was more prepared." It was one of the best individual performances IceCaps coach Keith McCambridge had seen in more than two decades as a player and coach. "Without a doubt its up there in the top three with a lot of good goaltenders over the years," said McCambridge. "Hes really in a zone right now. Hes really focused on making sure we got that split on the road." Hutchinson made his biggest stops a minute apart in the third period while clinging to a 2-1 lead. With 13:05 remaining Kevin Henderson had a point-blank chance in the slot on a rebound, but Hutchinson sprawled to his right for what McCambridge called his best save of the night. "That was the obviously the key moment in the game for us," said McCambridge. A minute later Hutchinson made another spectacular stop, thiis time diving back to the left post with the blocker as Brendan Ranford attempted a wrap-around into an gaping net.dddddddddddd "I kind of just got into scramble mode," said Hutchinson. "I was fortunate I could reach far enough. For all those times you end up reaching just a little too short, I was fortunate I got my glove out there and able to get a piece of it." Hutchinsons lone mistake came 29 seconds into the second period when Ranford had tied the game at 1-1 for Texas. But 44 seconds later the IceCaps fourth line reinstated the lead. Blair Riley was left wide open in front of the net and easily beat Cristopher Nilstorp with a one-timed shot off a pass from Kyle MacKinnon. Earlier St. Johns scored on its first scoring chance 4:05 into the game. Eric ODell took a wrist shot that trickled between Nilstorps legs. Kael Mouillierat easily tapped the puck home, making sure it crossed the line to give St. Johns a 1-0 lead. Even with all the shots he faced, Hutchinson didnt have to make any stops on the power play. For the first time in 94 combined regular season and playoff games, the IceCaps didnt face an opposition penalty kill. St. Johns did commit a penalty-- a roughing minor against Jordan Hill-- but it was cancelled out by a matching minor against Stars defenceman Jamie Oleksiak. Nilstorp stopped 33 of 35 shots for Texas, and made several key stops in the second and third period to keep his team in the game. Game 3 is Wednesday at the Mile One Centre in St. Johns. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Paloma
Board Statistics
The forum has 4950 topics and 5306 posts.

0 members have been online today:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen