for Canada. Braden Holtby allowed two

in Introduce Yourself As A Pony! Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:54 am
by corse178 • 1.660 Posts

Once a kid, always a kid.This week has involved a little less live sport and much more of reliving our childhoods as we have explored the enormous Disney complex in Orlando, Florida. Weve enjoyed the Disney theme parks, resorts, miniature golf courses (lets not go there because Hannah gave me a hiding at mini golf) and restaurant after restaurant - including ESPN Zone which sits on the boardwalk near the Epcot theme park.The ESPN Zone is a food and sports-lovers dream. Dozens of screens and endless walls of autographed NFL, NBA and MLB memorabilia. As a huge fan of sports memorabilia - I actually purchased a signed Cam Newton photo in San Francisco - it was great fun to stroll around the restaurant and browse at the amazing collection. NFL Hall of Famers, championship-winning NBA stars and baseballs franchise superstars ... anyone who was or is anyone in the U.S. sports world was featured on ESPNs walls.To date on our holiday here in the States, we have seen four NFL games, an NHL game, a pre-season NBA game and sat at countless sports bars joining in with the hysterics as the Chicago Cubs and Cleveland Indians have embarked on a historic World Series campaign.And there is more to come:In only a couple of days, its a Thursday Night Football clash between a talented young quarterback and one of the leagues hottest teams. Famous Jameis Winston will lead the hometown Tampa Bay Buccaneers against Matt Ryan, Julio Jones and the high-octane Atlanta Falcons. Across the U.S., much discussion has been about the lack of quality NFL matches this season, for mine, this is a game that could be a high-scoring, highly entertaining bout between two teams capable of putting up 40 points.Two nights later we head to the biggest one of them all - Alabama at LSU in Death Valley.More than 100,000 will cram into Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge to see whether their beloved Tigers can topple the unbeaten, No. 1-ranked Alabama Crimson Tide. Bama vs. LSU is one of the prime-time rivalry matches in all of college football and with LSUs recent resurgence after the early-season termination of coach Les Miles, this should be an absolute classic!Experts will tell you LSUs prime objective is beating Alabama ... time will tell how that goes. As a big LSU fan, this is finally a game where I will cheering at the top of my lungs, hoping for a Tiger victory!The last (and first) time I was in Death Valley my Tigers beat No. 3 Ole Miss and the crowd decided to rush onto the field. My travelling buddy Tommy Lynch and I thought, what the heck and we were soon running around like silly kids on Halloween.Speaking of Halloween, Hannah and I have enjoyed our first one in the U.S. The line at the costume store was hard to fathom but we had heaps of fun dressing up (me as Leonardo the Ninja Turtle and Hannah as Little Red Riding Hood) and handing out candy to excited youngsters around our hotel.On Sunday night we link up with an old friend of mine, Thomas Dullard, and we catch a regular-season game at Staples Center in Los Angeles. Well watch the young Phoenix Suns against the now Kobe-less Lakers. A great way to end an amazing trip.As has been the way across the past few weeks, keep an eye out for photos, tweets and videos of all our experiences with Americas endless elite sport.Follow me on Twitter (@joshjenkins24 and #JJintheUSA) and Instagram (@joshjenkins04) as well as ESPN Australia / NZ on Snapchat, Facebook and Twitter for all my adventures before its time to go home. Discount Hockey Jerseys .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. Hockey Jerseys China . Reassurance came from Paul Tesori, his caddie and close friend whose newborn son is in intensive care in a Florida hospital. "Paul sent me a text this morning, just told me he loved me and wanted to go out and fight as hard as I would any other day," Simpson said Sunday after doing just that. http://www.cheaphockeyjerseyscustom.com/ . -- Edmontons Val Sweeting is two wins away from a trip to Winnipeg to play in Canadas Road of the Rings in December. Hockey Jerseys Online . -- Ken Appleby made 32 saves for his first shutout of the season to lead the Oshawa Generals to a 2-0 win over the Belleville Bulls on Wednesday in Ontario Hockey League action. Clearance Adidas Hockey Jerseys . LOUIS -- Mike Smith is used to facing plenty of shots, so this was nothing new. OTTAWA, Ontario -- New York Islanders star John Tavares scored twice to lead Canada to a 5-2 victory over the United States on Saturday night in a World Cup of Hockey exhibition game.Logan Couture, Jay Bouwmeester and Matt Duchene also scored for Canada. Braden Holtby allowed two goals on 13 shots, and Corey Crawford faced 10 shots in 26:28 of ice time.The U.S. beat Canada 4-2 on Friday night in Columbus, Ohio.Obviously, didnt get the result we wanted (Friday), Tavares said. Even though its exhibition you want to start on the right foot and thats always our expectation especially when you get a great opportunity to play against one of our rivals back-to-back.Ryan McDonagh and John Carlson scored for the U.S. Cory Schneider started the game and allowwed four goals on 24 shots, and Ben Bishop, who came in for the third period, allowed one goal on 14 shots.ddddddddddddortorella was OK with his teams performance.Quite honestly I felt we played better minutes (Saturday) than we did (Friday), U.S coach John Tortorella said. Well look at the video and just keep on working on our game.The U.S. will face Finland on Tuesday night in an exhibition game in Washington. Canada will complete its pre-tournament schedule against Russia on Wednesday night in Pittsburgh.It was important to get better and thats what were trying to do each and every game, Canada coach Mike Babcock said. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 9 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Paloma
Board Statistics
The forum has 4950 topics and 5306 posts.

0 members have been online today:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen