London and spent part of the postrace changing

in Introduce Yourself As A Pony! Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:32 am
by corse178 • 1.660 Posts

Englands tour of Bangladesh, with its attendant security concerns resulting in the absence of the ODIs sides captain and first-choice opener, is one that requires handling sensitively. In Jos Buttler, who has accepted the captaincy on a locum basis, they seem to have as sensitive and thoughtful a leader as there is among the young group.Buttler has already insisted that, as far as he is concerned, Eoin Morgan remains the captain of the one-day side and will return to the job when England go to India in the New Year. I fully expect its a short-term thing, he reiterated before the teams departure for Dhaka, having been in touch with Morgan over the phone to discuss the challenge ahead. Alastair Cook, the Test captain who will be joining the ODI squad as part of his preparations for the tour, has also texted his encouragement and will be on hand for advice.The next few weeks will ask a lot of Buttler. Some were surprised when he was named Morgans deputy ahead of the 2015 World Cup and he still does not have much in the way of captaincy experience beyond leading England in a T20 against Pakistan in Dubai last November. With his soft-spoken demeanour, he is not what some people expect of a classic on-field general but he is determined to do the job his way.Ill try and be genuine, Ill try and be myself, Im not going to be anyone Im not as a captain, he said. I think I view the game in a very similar way to Eoin Morgan, Ill try and be aggressive. The way we have been playing the last 18 months, Ill ask the guys to play in exactly the same way - obviously conditions will dictate that to an extent as well. Its a young squad but its an experienced squad in terms of cricket and game awareness, and thats something were going to need in Bangladesh.As well as the increased level of security for the players to deal with - for the first few days it will be in your mind - England will face an opponent eager to give them a cricketing headache. Although they lost to Afghanistan this week, Bangladesh have won their last five ODI series at home, stretching back to 2014; the last non-Asian team to come away from the country with a one-day trophy was Australia more than five years ago.Bangladesh have also beaten in England in three of their last four ODIs, which included handing Morgans side their passports during the group stage of the 2015 World Cup. That defeat served as a catalyst for Englands radical limited-overs reinvention and the rematch will provide another opportunity to show how far they have come.It was a really tough day in Adelaide, very disappointing, Buttler said. But we got to rock bottom there and have come back, turned that corner. Its going to be a great tour, theyve been very successful at home in their recent past, so its a great challenge for us as a group to play in those conditions.Englands arrival is likely to be a major event in Bangladesh, which last hosted a tour by another Full Member in July 2015. Australia pulled out of a planned trip last year on government advice and Englands tour was only confirmed as going ahead last month - with Morgan and Alex Hales opting to make themselves unavailable. Buttler has been to Bangladesh on three previous occasions, most recently for the 2014 World T20, and was confident that it would be a good experience for the players involved.We are aware of that, he said when asked about the significance of Englands visit. Its not massively at the forefront of your mind when you make a decision that is right for you, based on security ... However, we want to broaden our horizons and its fantastic for Bangladesh that we are going to tour. When we get there, cricket will be that universal language and well be welcomed, and it will be fantastic for Bangladesh.Its going to be a good tour. Its nice that the security stuff can take a back seat and we can start talking about cricket. Theyre very passionate fans and it will make for a good atmosphere to play cricket in and well have to play well to win.Talk should quickly turn to cricket, as England play a single warm-up match ahead of the first ODI next Friday. With Hales and Morgan missing out and Joe Root rested, England will field a much-changed batting line-up, likely to include the debutant Ben Duckett and two from Jonny Bairstow, James Vince and Sam Billings. They have played just 26 ODIs between them, although it is a mark of how quickly England have grown since the World Cup that Buttler could refer to Billings, who made his debut in the subsequent series against New Zealand, as someone who has been around for a long time.England were flying out the morning after the Professional Cricketers Association awards dinner - the schedule barely allows room for end-of-season revelry these days - and the inclusion of Duckett, the first man to win both Player and Young Player of the Year, gives Buttler a weapon that none of his predecessors have been able to draw on.Hes obviously had a great year, last night he picked up both PCA awards and rightly so hes being talked about. Hes a fantastic talent, someone Im actually really looking forward to getting to know better and to see in training, because thats really when you start to see how good guys are. Its very exciting, some of the performances hes put in - that double-hundred for the Lions was fantastic, so its a great opportunity for him. He is a very exciting prospect for English cricket which just shows in one-day cricket theres some great depth and great competition. Adam Graves Jersey .B. - Sebastien Auger made 44 saves as the Saint John Sea Dogs edged the visiting Acadie-Bathurst Titan 2-1 on Saturday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. Chris Kreider Jersey . Isner, ranked No. 14, won his eighth career singles title and took the title in New Zealand for the second time after his victory in 2010. The match was similar to Isners quarterfinal victory over fifth-seeded Philipp Kohlschreiber which went to three sets, all tiebreaks and contained no breaks of serve. http://www.rangershockeyonlineshop.com/eddie-giacomin-hockey-jersey/ .Y. - Free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury, fresh off winning the World Series with Boston, reached agreement with the rival New York Yankees on a seven-year contract worth about $153 million, a person familiar with the negotiations said Tuesday night. Mike Gartner Jersey . They hope to persuade the other team owners and commissioner Roger Goodell to put pressure on Redskins owner Daniel Snyder to drop the nickname they find offensive. "Given the way the meeting transpired," Ray Halbritter, an Oneida representative and leader of the "Change the Mascot Campaign," said Wednesday, "it became somewhat evident they were defending the continued use of the name. Jesper Fast Jersey . Artturi Lehkonen, Joni Nikko and Ville Leskinen had the other goals for Finland (1-0) while Juuse Saros stopped 28 shots. Tim Robin Johnsgard had the lone goal for Norway (0-2). RIO DE JANEIRO -- After winning her third consecutive gold medal in the womens time trial, Kristin Armstrong grabbed her 5-year-old son Lucas near the finish line and gave him a tight, loving hug while tears flowed from her eyes. Mama, why are you crying? Lucas asked her. You won!Thats a great question from a 5-year-old, Armstrong said. Why am I crying? Because its what we do when were happy! Im going to have to explain that one to him a little later.Well, at least that will be less involved a responsibility than when Armstrong won gold at the 2012 Olympics in London and spent part of the postrace changing Lucas diaper.Armstrong, who turns 43 Thursday, is the oldest rider to win an Olympic time trial, surpassing the record she set four years ago. She is just someone who cannot stay away from the sport. Armstrong temporarily retired from cycling after winning gold in Beijing in 2008 so that she and her husband could start a family. After giving birth to Lucas, she returned to the sport and won gold in London. Then she retired again, only to return again in the spring of 2015.She says she used to think How can people come back to ride when they are a mother? Thats so selfish! That is not her view now.I cant imagine not bringing this experience to my son, Armstrong said. What I need to do now is make sure that my son doesnt have the pressure on him. It doesnt matter what he grows up to be. And right now he just wants to be a Stars Wars Jedi.I have to teach him that participation is good. That it doesnt matter what you become. And the last thing I want him to ever think is that he has to match what Ive done.Forget about Lucas trying to match it. No one else had ever done it before Armstrong.Armstrong won the 2008 time trial by 24 seconds and the 2012 race by 15 seconds and Thursdays race by just under six seconds. Given the declining winning margin and her rising age - she will be 46 when the Tokyo Olympics are held - this is probably the end of her Olympic career. Or maybe shell be like Michael Phelps and keep coming back. She says that while age means that recovery can take much longer, her extra years of experience, her mental approach and technical equipment pprovide an advantage.dddddddddddd.The U.S. women cycled well in the road race Sunday, only to see Mara Abbott get passed less than 200 meters from the end and finish fourth. Despite that terrible disappointment, Abbott provided constant encouragement to Armstrong leading into Wednesdays time trial. She left her a note reading You are a champion! in her coffee cup Tuesday, another in her hairbrush later in the day, a third on her pillow at night and a fourth in her bag Wednesday morning.The support that Maras turned around since her race Sunday has been phenomenal, Armstrong said. Thats what a team is all about. I feel were all genuinely happy for one another. Its given me great pleasure to represent the team. I havent experienced this in all my years. I feel this was the tightest team Ive been on.Armstrong woke up early Wednesday to pouring rain, but she wasnt going to let that get to her during the race that began at 9:30 a.m. in Rio. The rain had let up by the race start, but the highly technical course filled with turns and steep climbs still was wet. Wind also was an issue. Armstrong, who was the last biker to start, said she felt a headwind in her face on every turn she made.Nonetheless, she rode strong and fast enough to surpass Russian cyclist Olga Zabelinskaya and cross the finish line in first place for the gold in a time of 44 minutes, 26.42 seconds.Zabelinskaya had been banned from cycling for two years for doping, but she was allowed to compete in these Olympics because she had already served out her ban. Armstrong -- who is no relation to Lance Armstrong -- said she didnt think about it too much.If the decision is for an athlete to compete at the Olympic Games, then thats the decision, Armstrong said. It was my competition and I came on top today and I was really happy for it.And apparently Zabelinskaya wasnt too devastated with losing gold to Armstrong, because she gave the American a big hug after the race.Said Armstrong: She told me, I saw your son over there. That makes me smile because I have three kids of my own. ' ' '

Last edited Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:33 am | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Fake Yeezy
Board Statistics
The forum has 4940 topics and 5296 posts.

0 members have been online today:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen