erdeen are now just three points behind Deilas side H

in Pony-Like Screenshots Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:59 am
by corse178 • 1.660 Posts

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Before the gold, before the glory, there were tears.From the coaches.Long before the stunning exhibition on Thursday night that earned her the Olympic all-around title, Simone Biles was just a prodigy in the USA Gymnastics developmental program. She and coach Aimee Boorman would travel regularly to the Karolyi Ranch about an hour north of their gym in suburban Houston. There national team coordinator Martha Karolyi and her staff would offer pointers not just to the young girls but the adults entrusted with harnessing all that talent and turning them into champions.And, Karolyi being Karolyi, the message didnt always come across with a hug and a smile.(The coaches) would go back to our rooms with each other and we would cry, Boorman said. Martha said, `I made you guys cry? `Oh Martha you have no idea.Boorman can laugh about it now that shes through it. When she woke up on Friday morning, she was the coach of the Olympic champion, one who has a legitimate shot at leaving Rio with a record five gold medals by the time event finals are over next Tuesday.Its a path Boorman and Biles carved out carefully, one helped in part by the system Karolyi put in place when she took over in 2001.There was a time where gymnasts eyeing the elite level would have to move to one of the few gyms in the country capable of giving them the proper training. It led to what Karolyi called little fights between private clubs instead of fostering a sense of team unity, so she scrapped it. Karolyi figured if she could find a way to guide the coaches as well as the athletes early in their respective careers, then the girls could stay home and still receive the mentoring needed to flourish.We wanted to give the right guidance for the young and upcoming coaches who never had anything to do with our program, Karolyi said.The proof of its success can be measured in two ways: in the 91 world championship and Olympic medals (and counting) the U.S. has won under Karolyis guidance and the length of the relationships between most members of the Final Five and their coaches.Boorman and Biles have been together 13 years. Five-time Olympic medalist Aly Raisman and Mihai Brestyan a dozen. Laurie Hernandez and Maggie Haney 11. Madison Kocian and Laurent Landi nearly a decade.Haney considers herself and Hernandez the poster children for the Talent Opportunity Program (TOPs) run by USA Gymnastics.Weve literally grown through the system, Haney said. There is guidance at the top and it spreads out from there.It also created a sense of camaraderie, one where the coaches no longer get anxious when theyre in the training gym together. Those early difficult days under Karolyis tutelage bonded them in ways that resonate today.The girls talk about being a family, Boorman said. But honestly the coaches are too because weve been through this process together.It can also create its own unique challenges. Given the amount of time they spend together -- 30 hours a week or more -- for months and years on end, there are bound to be issues. Asked if there were times when she wanted to tell the exacting, no-nonsense Brestyan to get lost and Raisman just laughs.There are times I wanted to, Raisman said. There are times its just hard. There are times I didnt feel like doing it but he kept pushing. And I know he does that so I dont back down.In that way Brestyan can best be described as Karolyi Lite. Theyve know each other since coaching in Romania, and hes worked extensively at Karolyis side at the ranch for years as a mentor to coaches and athletes alike.The moment you get there, you get remolded for what youre looking for, he said. Theyre coming with the commitment, with the desire but theyre doing a lot of mistakes. We try to share our knowledge, our experiences, our mistakes to put them directly in the line you need to look and you need to go.It can be grueling and sometimes thankless work. Yet it does have its benefits.Rather than file into a tunnel underneath Rio Olympic Arena following the womens gymnastics team final, Raisman ducked away and sprinted straight for Brestyan, slipping the medal around his neck before he could protest. Two nights later after finishing runner-up to Biles in the all-around finals, Raisman did it again, paying tribute to the man who for a dozen years been equal parts mentor, coach and friend.The gesture was not lost on Brestyan. Her drive brought them together. The system and their dedication kept them together.After the results, (usually) the coaches, they dont exist, Brestyan said. Thats a hard feeling for us. But the moment before that when shes winning is the best in the world. Clearance Shoes Australia . The Masters champion and winner of last weeks Australian PGA has a three-round total of 14-under 199 at Royal Melbourne. "Im in a really good position for tomorrow," Scott said. Wholesale Shoes Australia .ca. Hey Kerry, big fan of yours, just finished reading your book. I think that we all saw the Canucks/Flames line brawl just after puck drop. It was obvious that something was about to happen, even to the referees because the fourth lines were on to start. https://www.shoesaustraliaonline.com/ . The phone hearing is scheduled for 4:30pm et/1:30pm pt. Winchester, who was not penalized for the hit, appeared to make contact with Kellys head early in the first period of Thursdays game in Boston. Cheap Shoes Australia Free Shipping . From filmmaker Nanette Burstein (On the Ropes), The Price of Gold revisits the saga that rocked the figure skating world ahead of the 1994 Lillehammer Olympic Winter Games: the assault on Nancy Kerrigan, and the plot that led its way back to her rival Tonya Harding. Wholesale Shoes Australia . Jon Montgomerys gold medal in skeleton at the Whistler Sliding Centre and his subsequent auctioning off of a pitcher of beer in the village square elevated him to folk-hero status.Sky Sports pundit Andy Walker says its time for Celtic to part company with manager Ronny Deila following their 2-1 defeat to Aberdeen at Pittodrie. It was a miserable night for the Scottish champions, who have now suffered back-to-back defeats following their shock loss against Ross County in the Scottish League Cup semi-final last weekend.Celtics lead at the top of the Scottish Premiership was cut to three points as goals from Jonny Hayes and Simon Church earned Aberdeen a 2-1 victory and former player Walker says owner Dermot Desmond has a big decision to make over Deila, who claimed on Tuesday he has the boards backing. He told Sky Sports: I didnt see any reaction from the Celtic players today after the weekends defeat to Ross County.I didnt see any reaction during the game against Ross County and I didnt see any reaction when they went 2-0 down tonight and I think you can ignore what the Celtic board are saying.This is now a call for Dermot Desmond. If he has got his finger on the pulse of the Celtic support, who continually booed the players at the end of the game, then he will realise hes got a big decision to make. Ronny Deila admits Celtics 2-1 defeat to Aberdeen puts pressure on him Do you trust Ronny Deila to come up with the type of results that will not only get Celtic the title but a bit of success in Europe?If it was up to me I would change the manager tomorrow.dddddddddddd.Deila has been under pressure all season following his teams early exit from the Champions League against Malmo.Desmond has previously backed his manager, claiming the team is better than they were last season, but Walker says performances are not good enough for a team that has a huge financial advantage over their domestic rivals. Aberdeen are now just three points behind Deilas side He added: Celtic have a huge advantage in terms of resources and everything you want.How did they defend tonight? The amount of long balls that were played when Celtic were 2-0 down and they didnt go and compete for them.I know thats not down to the manager but the manager has to make the kind of changes and type of signings that can get Celtic success on the park and all of that is up for serious debate. Celtic captain Scott Brown battles with Jonny Hayes on Wednesday night Its not good enough and Celtic could well go on and secure the title but would you trust this manager to get you the type of results the Celtic supporters are looking for?I think if you have got your finger on the pulse of the Celtic support I think there is a growing number who dont buy into what Ronny Deila is continually saying.Theres no improvement, theres nothing special and theres no notable victories and I think as a Celtic manager that is what you have to come up with. Also See: Match report As it happened Table Live on Sky ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Paloma
Board Statistics
The forum has 4949 topics and 5305 posts.

0 members have been online today:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen