depleted offence out of their three-game losin

in Pony-Like Screenshots Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:21 am
by corse178 • 1.660 Posts

While it may be dismissive to label Watford the best of the rest at the moment, there is little argument first-year manager Walter Mazzarri has exceeded expectations with the Hornets heading into their match at Vicarage Road on Sunday against Stoke City.Heading in this weekends action, Watford (5-3-4) are a surprising eighth in the table and could leapfrog both Manchester United and Everton if results break their way in Match Day 13. After overachieving early last season to ensure their top-flight status following promotion and reaching the FA Cup semifinals before fading badly under predecessor Quique Sanchez Flores, Mazzarri has seamlessly adjusted to Premier League life after being out of coaching for two seasons following his departure from Inter Milan in 2014.If you remember what I said at the beginning when I arrived, at one of the first press conferences, we have to think only about us, Mazzarri said through his translator. We have to improve each day. We dont have to look at what position we are, we have to concentrate only for the next game.Believe me, you can even ask my players, what I want to teach my players since I arrived is to give them the mentality that after we win one game, we have to forget it as soon as its finished and think about the next one.The Hornets may have had their most important win of the season last week, regrouping from a 6-1 thrashing administered by Liverpool at Anfield to beat reigning titleholders Leicester City 2-1. Etienne Capoue and Roberto Pereyra scored in the first 12 minutes, and after conceding a penalty on the quarter-hour following Max Britos foul on Jamie Vardy, Watford held off the Foxes as their new-look 3-5-2 formation paid dividends.I think we had a great game, the whole spirit and the way we played was the way I want my team to play and I am very satisfied. What we want is the team to continue to perform like this on Sunday, said Mazzarri, whose entire coaching career was in Italy before taking over Watford.One area of concern for the Italian manager is the lack of goals from Odion Ighalo.The Nigeria international had 17 goals in all competitions for Watford last season, but only one in league play thus far and was left on the bench against Leicester City. Mazzarri refused to commit to bringing Igahlo back in the lineup for this match, saying he makes his decision on a week-to-week basis based on his teams training and the next opponent. He also added Ighalo has been very professional about the situation.Stoke City (3-4-5) are looking to regroup after a 1-0 home loss to Bournemouth last weekend ended a six-match unbeaten run. After a breakdown defensively led to Nathan Akes unmarked header in the first half for the Cherries, the Potters had a chance to level the match early in the second half, but Bojan Krkics attempt from the spot in the 49th minute caromed off the crossbar.The big key now for Mark Hughes side will be in the midfield, with Joe Allen missing as he serves a one-match ban for yellow-card accumulation. The ex-Liverpool midfielders absence likely clears the way for Giannelli Imbula, last seasons record transfer signing, who fell out of favour with Hughes in September.When he went out of the team we had an honest conversation about things he needs to improve on if he wants to be successful in this league, Hughes said at his pre-match news conference. Giannelli was honest enough to say that given his ability he hasnt been able to impact games in the manner he would want.We have had a good response from taking him out of the side and it could be that we bring him back this weekend given the circumstances -- I certainly wouldnt have any qualms with that.Ireland international Glenn Whelan could also be back in the starting XI after missing the Bournemouth match with a hamstring injury, but defender Geoff Cameron will miss his fifth consecutive match due to a knee injury.We are finding it difficult to progress Geoffs injury as quickly as we, and he would like -- we all need to be patient because he is keen to return, understandably. Its frustrating for us all, Hughes said regarding his American backliner.The teams split their matches last season, with the road team emerging victorious both times. Jonathan Walters and Joselu scored on either side of halftime as Stoke withstood a late goal by Troy Deeney to win 2-1 at Vicarage Road in March. Ighalo set up goals for Deeney and Almen Abdi in Watfords 2-0 victory at the Britannia Stadium. Wholesale Nike MLB Jerseys . PAUL, Minn. MLB Jerseys Outlet . The team said Saturday that Lopez was hurt during its 121-120 overtime loss at Philadelphia on Friday. The Nets said they would issue another update next week after consultation with their doctors. https://www.mlbjerseyschina.us/ . "Were just throwing s--- at the wall hoping something sticks," said Tortorella about the possible line combinations for Fridays game against Columbus. The Canucks have lost five straight games and six of their last seven, leaving them in a logjam in the Pacific Division, currently sitting fifth - good for ninth in the Western Conference. Cheap MLB Jerseys Nike 2020 . -- Matt Ryan needed one of the best games of his career to lead the Falcons and their depleted offence out of their three-game losing streak last week. Clearance MLB Jerseys . 1 position. The Mustangs (6-0), who beat Queens 50-31 last weekend, earned 17 first-place votes and 287 points in voting by the Football Reporters of Canada. Western was last ranked first in the country in October 2011. SAO PAULO, Brazil -- Janine Beckie scored twice and Christine Sinclair had her 10th Olympic goal as Canada defeated Zimbabwe 3-1 Saturday at the Rio de Janeiro Games.Sinclairs penalty kick in the 19th minute moved her into a tie for second on the all-time Olympic list, alongside Germanys Birgit Prinz. Brazils Cristiane holds the record with 13.In the group opener against Australia, Beckie scored in the first 20 seconds for the fasttest Olympic goal in Canadas 2-0 victory.ddddddddddddHer goals against Zimbabwe came in the seventh and 35th minutes.Canada, which won the bronze medal at the London Games, is ranked No. 10 in the world.Mavis Chirandu scored in the 86th minute for Zimbabwe, which fell 6-1 to Germany in its Olympic debut. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Fake Yeezy
Board Statistics
The forum has 4940 topics and 5296 posts.

0 members have been online today:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen