was absolutely annihilated today, Padres m

in Pony-Like Screenshots Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:02 pm
by chenwen121314 • 609 Posts

PHOENIX -- Ryan Schimpf keeps swinging away in the final weekend of a hard-hitting first three months in the major leagues. Wholesale Fake Shoes .Schimpf hit his 20th home run in his 87th game with the San Diego Padres in a 5-3 loss to the Arizona Diamondbacks on Friday night. And it was no cheap home run. It traveled some 469 feet and hit the bottom of the giant video board in center field.That ball was absolutely annihilated today, Padres manager Andy Green said.It was his sixth home run against Arizona.Schimpfs 20 home runs are third-most by a Padres rookie behind Nate Colberts 24 in 1969 and Jedd Gyorkos 23 in 2013. They are second-most by a Padres second baseman behind Gyorkos 23. Schimpf had 15 homers this season in the minors. And they came in about a half-season.Has Schimpf surprised himself?I dont know, he said. I dont know if it has really settled in yet. Im just trying to constantly get better.Chris Owings and Paul Goldschmidt each hit two-run home runs off Padres starter Edwin Jackson.Owings homer provided what proved to be winning runs.Thats the kind of power we see Chris display daily during BP, Arizona manager Chip Hale said. Hes got big power right-center field. That was the talk when I got here before his shoulder surgery, he really drove the ball to right-center a lot in the minor leagues. So hes starting to get comfortable and just stayed on that pitch and rode it out of here. Thats very, very impressive for a shortstop of his stature to be able to go the opposite way.Randall Delgado (5-2) pitched an inning of relief to get the victory. Patrick Corbin threw 2 2/3 innings of scoreless relief before Daniel Hudson came on to get Wil Myers to pop out to first for his fifth save. Corbins performance was the latest in a series of strong efforts after he was demoted to the bullpen.He just feels like his stuff is back to where it was before (Tommy John) surgery, Hale said. He got tremendous life up to 96 today. His breaking ball, you saw Myers take the swing where he spun around. Its really good to finish this way. Hell fit right into our rotation the top two or three spots there next year.Jackson (5-7) gave up five runs and seven hits in five innings to take the loss.The crowd for the matchup between the bottom two teams in the NL West was announced at 42,651, the second-largest of the season at home for the Diamondbacks. Only the season opener drew more.By handing the Padres their 50th road loss, Arizona still has a chance to escape the division cellar. The Diamondbacks are a game behind San Diego with two to play.Goldschmidt put Arizona up 3-0 in the third inning when he hit Jacksons 2-0 pitch over the porch in right-center for his 24th home run, and 94th and 95th RBI.But Diamondbacks starter Braden Shipley couldnt hold the lead. The Padres tied it 3-3 in the fourth. Manuel Margot doubled in a run and scored on Schimpfs two-run home run.Arizona regained the lead in the sixth. With two outs, Brandon Drury doubled and scored when Owings homered on Jacksons 2-0 pitch. Owings fifth home run of the season gave the Diamondbacks a 5-3 lead.I saw him pretty good tonight, Owings said. I got some good counts before that. Got to 2-0 on that one, just got a pitch out over the plate and was able to drive it.GOLDYS BLASTGoldschmidts two-run homer gave him 14 RBI against San Diego this season, his career-high against the Padres. With two games to go, Goldschmidt is batting .346 against the Padres with five home runs.TRAINERS ROOMDiamondbacks: OF A.J. Pollock ran on the grass on Friday but still felt tightness in his groin and has been shut down for the season. ... OF Yasmany Tomas was scratched from the lineup with stiffness in his upper back.UP NEXTPadres: LHP Clayton Richard (3-3, 2.98 ERA) makes his ninth start and 38th appearancc of the season. In eight starts, he is 3-2 with a 1.88 ERA.Diamondbacks: RHP Archie Bradley (7-9, 5.15 ERA) makes the final start of his rookie season. His 132 strikeouts are third-most by an Arizona rookie in franchise history. Fake Shoes . Anthony Calvillo, through 20 CFL seasons, was frequently invincible and largely stoic in the heat of competition. But underneath the professional exterior he was, and is, compellingly human. Fake Shoes From China . Halladay signed a one-day contract with the Toronto Blue Jays on Monday that allowed the veteran right-hander to retire as a member of team with which he broke into the majors and spent the bulk of his distinguished 16-year career. https://www.fakeshoes.net/wholesake-fake...rce-1-f199.html . -- If Henry Burris has his way, he will be the starting quarterback to lead the Hamilton Tiger-Cats back to the Grey Cup next year. RIO DE JANEIRO -- Racing nothing but the clock, Katie Ledecky gave the U.S. its first victory by crushing her own world record in the 400 freestyle.The result was totally expected. The unassuming teenager from suburban Washington has dominated the longer freestyle events since winning gold in the 800 free at the London Olympics as a 15-year-old.The only drama was whether shed take the world record even lower.Her powerful stroke quickly made that a moot point, too.Ledecky kicked off the first wall with a lead of nearly a body length and steadily pulled away from the overmatched field -- as well as the world-record line superimposed on the video screen.Her arms churning effortlessly through the water, Ledecky touched nearly 5 seconds ahead of her closest pursuer and quickly whipped around to look at the scoreboard.When Ledecky saw the time -- 3:56.46 -- sshe let out an uncharacteristic scream and shook her right fist. Cheap Fake Shoes. She crushed the mark of 3:58.37 that she set nearly two years ago on the Gold Coast of Australia, and had been chasing ever since.I was pumped, Ledecky said. Thats what I wanted and I had been so close to breaking that all year, the past two years. I knew I was due for a breakthrough.Shes just getting warmed up.Ledecky, who added gold to the silver she won in the womens 4x100 free relay, is also favored in other two individual events: the 200 and 800 free. She could pick up another gold in the 4x200 free relay.---Follow Paul Newberry on Twitter at www.twitter.com/pnewberry1963 . His work can be found at http://bigstory.ap.org/content/paul-newberry . ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Fake Yeezy
Board Statistics
The forum has 4940 topics and 5296 posts.

0 members have been online today:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen