ethlisberger drive for drive, including l

in Pony-Like Screenshots Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:19 pm
by chenwen121314 • 609 Posts

In recent years, no tennis player has been more physically fit than Andy Murray. Tommy Helms Jersey . Mental fitness, however -- particularly under duress -- has been an enduring issue.For the better part of six years, Novak Djokovic has been the best player in the world, the consummate model of commitment and mental toughness.And now, after Murrays decisive 6-3, 6-4 finals victory Sunday over Djokovic at the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals, they have traded places.With the year-end No. 1 ranking on the line in a single match, Murray absolutely commanded the court, dictating to Djokovic the way Djokovic dictated to him in winning 24 of 34 previous matches -- and 16 of the past 19.In two of those matches, back in January in the Australian Open final and, four months later, in the final at Roland Garros, Djokovic was indomitable. But here, the roles were reversed.I just played very poorly, made a lot of unforced errors from the backhand side, Djokovic said to the media afterward. On the other hand, credit to Andy for being mentally tough and playing the right shots, making me play extra shots in every rally. He definitely deserved to win.Murrays forehand was massive, and so were both his first and second serves, but it was his composure that was so unnerving to the man across the net. Two points from the match, at 30-all, Murray fearlessly bounded up to the net and forced a long lob.It was obviously a big match, a very important win for me, Murray said later. It was just a huge match to finish the year, to try and obviously finish No. 1. Obviously, this is a major event, as well, and one Ive not done well in in the past.So its been a great week.Djokovic, the four-time defending champion, meanwhile, was a mess -- off balance and tentative.Tellingly, he missed a bunny of an overhead in the sixth game of the first set and an even easier volley in the fourth game of the second. His cross-court backhand, the best and most natural shot in his entire palette, missed early and often.Djokovic came in with an enormous edge in terms of freshness. He dropped only five games in his Friday and Saturday matches; Murray went 3 hours, 38 minutes in his Saturday semifinal win over Milos Raonic, his second three-hour-plus match of the tournament.But fatigue was never a problem for Murray, whose body language was exemplary.I guess, even though he has had very long matches, especially the one yesterday, people were thinking maybe hes going to be slightly tired, Djokovic said. But he didnt seem so. More than anything, he felt comfortable in the rallies and exactly knew what to do.Murrays first big push to the top came four years ago. He won the gold medal at home in the London Olympics, and then, after losing his first four Grand Slam finals, he finally won one, the 2012 US Open, beating Djokovic in the final. The same scenario played out at Wimbledon the following year.Ivan Lendl, who coached Murray through that best-ever stretch, gets a lot of credit for giving him the gift of confidence. Lendl, a no-nonsense, eight-time Grand Slam singles champion, implored the cautious Murray to aim for the lines -- and not to despair when he missed. Going for it, Murray came to learn, was the same thing as believing in yourself.That surge might have eventually taken him to No. 1, but back surgery after the 2013 US Open and the departure of Lendl early the next year arrested that potential championship development.In June, Lendl agreed to return to Murrays coaching box, but he has hardly been a fixture in the athletes daily routine. Back in February, Murray and his wife, Kim, became parents. Pretty much ever since, outside of that French Open final and a five-set quarterfinal loss to?Kei Nishikori?at the US Open, things have gone swimmingly for Murray.At the age of 29, he finds himself ranked No. 1 for the first time ever. Murray finished the season on a run of 24 consecutive match wins. This, after establishing a career-best of 22 straight victories earlier this year.Thats a ton of momentum going into 2017.I would like to try and stay there, obviously, Murray said of the No. 1 ranking. Its taken a huge effort the last five, six months to get there. Im aware thats going to be extremely difficult because I had a great year this year. I only managed to do it by one match. To repeat that again next year is going to be extremely difficult.But now that Ive got there, I obviously would be motivated to try and stay in that position. Jose Siri Jersey . Newcastle dominated in the early stages but City weathered the storm and then raised its game in extra time. Negredo broke the deadlock from close range after a simple move in the 99th minute before Dzeko took the ball round goalkeeper Tim Krul to seal the victory in the 105th. Reds Jerseys 2020 . "I dont know that were close," said general manager Alex Anthopoulos. "I just think, right now, the acquisition cost just doesnt work for us right now. I dont know if I can quantify how far off or things like that that they might be but I would say we continue to have dialogue. https://www.cheapredsjerseys.us/2105s-tu...ersey-reds.html . But when it comes to determining if Raymond will find a place on the Leafs roster when training camp concludes in a week, well, that decision will ultimately fall to the head coach. The NFL may have found the antidote?for its declining television ratings. Its the 2016 draft class.Five stars, three of them on the offensive side of the ball, are emerging from what was considered a defensive-rich draft, and on Sunday the future morphed into the present. Nowhere was this better on display than at Heinz Field when the Dallas Cowboys beat the Pittsburgh Steelers?35-30.Cowboys running back?Ezekiel Elliott and quarterback Dak Prescott played well beyond their age and experience in the win. Elliott accounted for 209 yards and three touchdowns, while Prescott was as cool and in control as some of the best quarterbacks in the league. He mmatched Ben Roethlisberger drive for drive, including leading the game-winning touchdown drive with 42 seconds left, which ended with Elliott rushing 32 yards for the final go-ahead score. Hal Mcrae Jersey. In calling around to NFL front office executives over the past few weeks, five rookies drew the most mentions as budding stars, including Elliott and Prescott.?All five are building résumés that could get them to the Pro Bowl this season.Heres who executives singled out, and what each is doing?that bodes well for the future: ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Fake Yeezy
Board Statistics
The forum has 4940 topics and 5296 posts.

0 members have been online today:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen