ably my best chance to win the World Championship

in Introduce Yourself As A Pony! Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:31 am
by corse178 • 1.660 Posts

BEREA, Ohio -- Robert Griffin III has been cleared by doctors to play again this season. RG3 still needs Browns coach Hue Jacksons blessing.Griffin passed a final medical test on his injured left shoulder and can now take full contact, paving the way for the quarterback to play on Dec. 11 when the winless Browns return from a bye week against Cincinnati.Griffin hasnt played since the season opener -- his debut for Cleveland -- when he broke a bone in his shoulder while scrambling in the fourth quarter of a loss to the Philadelphia Eagles.Beyond blessed to have an opportunity to get back on the field with my brothers, Griffin said Tuesday. I promise my teammates and coaches to give them everything I have as we work to finish the season strong.Its been a long wait for Griffin, who signed with the Browns hoping to revive his career. Instead, he got hurt again, adding credence to the argument that hes not durable and opening the Browns to criticism for passing on a chance to get a top QB in the draft.Griffin can change that narrative over Clevelands final four games, but Jackson isnt quite ready to turn his offense back over to the 26-year-old.Robert is cleared, and he is ready to go, and I will make a decision about which way we are going as we go through the week, Jackson said.Just because he is cleared does not mean we are just going to walk back out there and play. There is still practice and there are still things we need to do and see before I decide to stick him back out there.Despite Jacksons stance, it appears Griffin will be back behind center against the Bengals and in Clevelands other three games.The Browns (0-12) want to avoid becoming the second team in NFL history to go 0-16 and Griffin may give them the best chance to win.Jacksons other choices are rookie Cody Kessler, who is 0-8 as a starter this season and just returned from his second concussion, or 37-year-old Josh McCown, who has been pounded behind a revamped offensive line, which just lost starting right guard John Greco with a foot injury.Griffin, who recently returned to practice, was selected as the starter in training camp after the Browns signed him to a two-year, $15 million contract in March.Although he got hurt and then lost his job in Washington, the Browns viewed Griffin as possibly their long-term solution at quarterback. His injury in the opener delayed the teams evaluation process, but the Browns may have a four-game window to see if Griffin can be their future.I am always looking to see who is going to be on the team as we move forward every game we play, Jackson said, adding the bye came at a good time to give Griffin more time.We are still evaluating our team, too, as we go through it at this point where we are. So yeah, we are looking. If he plays quarterback, yeah, we are evaluating him to see if he can be the quarterback. No different than Cody, Josh or (QB) Kevin (Hogan). All those guys, if they play, they are being evaluated.Jackson said hell consider several factors before choosing a quarterback, including Griffins injury history.You have to throw everything in the pot and then make a decision, he said. But the guy has played, what, amounts to four quarters, not even a whole four quarters for this football team in a regular-season game? If we put him back out there, there will be a chance for him to go back out there and play, and if we dont, we dont.Game notes Jackson has given his players off until Monday, but before they left he reminded them to behave while theyre away. I am not going to put up with any foolishness when guys leave here, he said. To that end, the Browns invited former NBA star guard Chauncey Billups to speak before practice. Jackson said Billups delivered a positive message about perseverance.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Cheap Swingman Rockets Jerseys . Speaking Thursday on TSN 1050 Thursday, the Leafs GM also touched on the questions surrounding the teams leadership and the struggles of his big-name free-agent signing. “Its not from lack of effort from the coaching staff. Cheap NBA Jerseys . There are surprises among the Vezina candidates, but most of the others are standard top-tier performers, even if the two Hart Trophy runners-ups have never been quite as good as they have been through the first half of the season. http://www.cheaprocketsjerseys.com/ . After dropping their final six games of December, the Wild opened the new calendar year with four consecutive wins. Following a loss to Colorado on Saturday, Minnesota rebounded the following night to blank Nashville 4-0, but then had the tables turned on them Tuesday. Vincent Edwards Jersey . Argentina winger Ezequiel Lavezzi and France midfielder Blaise Matuidi scored, with star striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic setting up both despite having a poor game by his high standards. Forward Eduardo gave Ajaccio the lead in the sixth minute after being set up by right winger Benjamin Andre, and the Corsican side looked comfortable in the first half, with the lively Johan Cavalli causing problems with his probing runs from midfield. Cheap Rockets Jerseys . Newcastle dominated in the early stages but City weathered the storm and then raised its game in extra time. Negredo broke the deadlock from close range after a simple move in the 99th minute before Dzeko took the ball round goalkeeper Tim Krul to seal the victory in the 105th.Ding Junhui demolished Mark Williams 13-3 with a session to spare to reach the World Championship semi-finals. The Chinese star was in stunning form to blow away the Welshman after racking up at least a half-century break in every frame.Having started the match in similarly dominant fashion by building a 6-2 lead, Ding did not let his foot off the gas by taking the first four frames on Tuesday evening to lead 10-2. Williams, a two-time Crucible champion, was short of ideas as he managed to pot just two balls before the mid-session interval.Although he showed a brief spark by winning frame 13, there was no holding back Ding who stormed over the line.Williams told World Snooker: I got beat easily and to be honest deep down I knew I was going to get beat easily, so I cant grumble.With the players left in, it was probably my best chance to win the World Championship again and I felt really confident. But as soon as my tip split last night, I knew that my chances were gone.While Ding, who has still to win the World Champiionship, added: I controlled the match, I took my chances to make breaks.dddddddddddd. I have confidence and every time I see a chance I think I can go for it and make breaks.Mark didnt play the way he normally does. The day off is a bonus, Ive never had that before, and Im going to enjoy the day. I feel more relaxed now, in this match I released a lot of pressure, I went for crazy shots.After the high of his win over Ronnie OSullivan, Barry Hawkins came crashing down to earth in Tuesdays afternoon session at the Crucible against Marco Fu.Hawkins withstood a stirring fightback by OSullivan from 12-9 to win a final-frame decider on Monday night but struggled badly against Fu to fall 7-1 behind.Four-time world champion John Higgins leads Alan McManus 5-3 in their all-Scottish clash, while Mark Selby went 6-2 up against Kyren Wilson. Also See: More Snooker news Bet £5 Get £20 free Get Sky Sports ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: Fake Yeezy
Board Statistics
The forum has 4940 topics and 5296 posts.

0 members have been online today:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen