mins after he suffered the injury during Australias ODI tour of England last September.At the time Cummins was an

in Pony-Like Screenshots Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:13 am
by chenwen121314 • 609 Posts

SPRINGFIELD, N. Cheap Custom Packers Jersey .J. -- Every two years, as the Ryder Cup nears, American golf fans go through a miserable cycle.We talk ourselves into believing this time our team will to rise to the occasion, that well have good chemistry, that our captain will put together a coherent strategy, that our stars will shine and our role players will contribute.Every two years, we get humiliated. Its deflating and depressing.Sure, weve won Ryder Cups twice in the past 20 years (in 1999 and 2008), but thats out of 10 chances. The Europeans always seem to have better chemistry, their captain is always outfoxing our captain, and their players play loose and fearless. Its no coincidence. They are better at team golf than we are. We now have two decades of evidence to back it up.You know how we can change that this time?We can start by putting Brooks Koepka on the team.We dont need a task force to figure this out. Captain Davis Love III should get on the phone Monday with the 26-year-old Koepka and tell him to take off as much time as he needs to let his ankle heal. Tell him there will be a spot waiting for him at the end of the FedEx Cup Playoffs, whether he has enough qualifying points or not.Dont even make him sweat it. Because what Koepka did in the PGA Championship, finishing T-4 with an ankle so swollen and painful he could barely walk earlier in the week, was nothing short of inspiring.On Tuesday, we all tried to talk him out of playing, Koepkas caddie Richard Elliott said. He was nearly in tears on Tuesday. On Wednesday, he decided to give it another nine holes. We found different strap for him, and he was able to kind of grit it out on Thursday. On Friday, he got some momentum going. I think the pain kind of caught up to him in the end, but it was all guts. He worked his ass off in rehab. It was unbelievable.If the rain hadnt forced most of the leaders to play 36 holes on Sunday, its possible Koepka might have made a run at Jimmy Walker and Jason Day. He was right there after three rounds, 2 shots off the lead. But over the last nine holes, he could barely push off his right leg. He was spent. Elliott said the pain finally caught up to Koepka, and he still managed to birdie two of the last four holes to shoot 70.To go from barely hitting balls on Saturday to finishing top five, Ill take that, Koepka said. Im kind of numb right now. It hurts, dude. I dont even feel my foot.Koepka, who grew up in West Palm Beach, Florida, is a golfer by profession, but he looks more like a football player. You could sneak him into a Miami Dolphins locker room and no one would blink. And if you want to know the truth, he approaches golf with a similar mentality: aggressive and fearless.Last year at the Open Championship at St. Andrews, when rules officials from the Royal & Ancient were insisting players continue on during the third round even though the wind was whipping in excess of 35 mph, Koepka stood his ground and got into a heated discussion with the official on the seventh green.According to someone who witnessed the exchange, the official, a Scotsman, became annoyed when Koepka admonished him and failed to address him by his proper title.I am a sir, the rules official allegedly said. And you will refer to me as such when addressing me. I dont give a f--- who you are, Koepka responded. Im not playing until my ball stops oscillating. We could use that kind of mentality in the Ryder Cup at Hazeltine this September. If that sounds boorish and ungentlemanly, ask yourself this: How have our previous strategies worked out? How much fun is it watching European players soak themselves in champagne every two years, while our team is reduced to shanking our captain in a media conference?Day might be the most talented golfer on the planet, and he is a nice guy whom everyone admires. But every week, he lets us know when hes not playing at 100 percent. Its a cold, a muscle tweak, the flu, or any one of a dozen other maladies.Koepka played the entire week of a major with an ankle that looked like a turnip, and he downplayed his agony at every turn. (He said the injury occurred right after the U.S. Open in June, when he rolled it taking an awkward step.)Maybe it isnt fair to Day to contrast them, but you have to admire Koepkas toughness because other players did. It wasnt until it was over that he explained he thought there was a 70 percent chance he was going to withdraw.We went from me just trying to move my foot like I was drawing the alphabet to putting a band on it, to eventually trying to balance on one foot, Koepka said. Its stupid, but thats what it took.Koepka should have been on the United States Presidents Cup team that went to South Korea in 2015. He was the 12th-ranked player in the world at the time, ranked higher than seven other Americans who did make the team, but he didnt have enough FedEx Cup points to automatically qualify, meaning he needed Jay Hass to add him as a captains pick.Haas instead picked his son Bill, Mickelson and J.B. Holmes when Jim Furyk was injured. It wasnt a travesty -- the U.S. hung on to win -- but it wasnt exactly forward thinking as we try to improve the state of team golf in America.In all likelihood, Koepka secured a spot on the squad this week. Because the PGA Championship was worth double Ryder Cup points, Koepka moved into fifth place in the rankings, up from ninth. But only the top eight players automatically qualify after the Barlcays.Before his injury forced him to withdraw from the WBC Bridgestone and miss the Open Championship, he was ranked third and cruising. But miss a few weeks, and you can tumble down the ranking fast.Koepka said hed already spoken to Love about his ankle and expected to have another conversation next week. For now, hes slated to play in the Travelers Championship next week in Connecticut.I wont need a pick, Koepka said.Thats exactly the mentality we need if were going to have any chance to avoid another shellacking at the hands of the Europeans. Lets pair Koepka and Patrick Reed together right now, ask them to set the tone, and see what happens. Authentic Custom Packers Jersey . Galatasaray said in a statement on its website Monday that Mancini signed a three-year contract and will be paid 3.5 million euros for the upcoming season, with his salary upped to 4. Custom Packers Jersey China . But Bourque, who has missed three games with a lower-body injury, wont be in the lineup when the Habs travel to Buffalo to take on the Sabres on Wednesday. http://www.custompackersjersey.com/ . Louis Blues. Shane Hnidy joins Brian Munz for the broadcast on TSN 1290 Radio at 7pm ct. Pat Cummins has been withdrawn from the Australia A squad for a series of winter games in Queensland, with Cricket Australia taking a cautious approach to his recovery from a stress fracture of the back.Cummins will instead target the Matador Cup at the start of the 2016-17 season for his return, which would make it more than a year between matches for Cummins after he suffered the injury during Australias ODI tour of England last September.At the time Cummins was announced in the squad for Australia As matches in July-August, national selector Rod Marsh said that while he was hopeful Cummins would be available, it would depend on the advice of medical stafff. Custom Packers T-shirts. Pat is going really well with his rehabilitation but is unlikely be ready to play at full match intensity during the Australia A tour, Marsh said on Wednesday. After discussions with Pat and the medical staff, we have decided to wait an extra month and look for him to return for New South Wales in the Matador Cup.A long series of injuries have afflicted Cummins, now 23, since he was Man of the Match on his Test debut in Johannesburg in late 2011, and he has not played a Sheffield Shield game in the past five seasons. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 4 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Fake Yeezy
Board Statistics
The forum has 4940 topics and 5296 posts.

0 members have been online today:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen