what type of challenge he is in for.Its going to be a toug

in Pony-Like Screenshots Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:55 am
by corse178 • 1.660 Posts

CHICAGO -- The Atlanta Braves have activated infielder Gordon Beckham from the disabled list and designated utility player Emilio Bonifacio for assignment.Beckham was in the starting lineup at shortstop and batting second for Thursday nights game against the Chicago Cubs after being sidelined 33 games with a left hamstring strain.The 31-year-old Bonifacio batted .129 with no extra-base hits and 11 strikeouts in 31 at-bats over 15 games. He was signed by Atlanta in the offseason, released April 6, and then re-signed to a minor league deal four days later.Beckham was hitting .284 before he was injured June 1. Cheap Ducks Jerseys China . Perhaps Carroll was so prepared for a break because he believes there is very little the Seattle Seahawks need heading into the off-season. "I dont see anything that we need to add. We just have to get better," Carroll said. Cheap Ducks Jerseys . The Clippers were angry about blowing a big lead; the Kings didnt like being in that kind of hole and nearly digging themselves out only to lose. http://www.cheapducksjerseys.com/ . Peter Gammons, an analyst for Major League Baseballs network and website, drew the ire of hockey fans on Sunday when he criticized the two NHL teams on Twitter for their physical game the night before. Wholesale Ducks Jerseys . Dallas hasnt ruled out the star quarterback for Sunday nights game against Philadelphia, but all signs point to Romos back injury pushing Kyle Orton into the starting role after two years of limited play as the backup. Surely Ortons name isnt the first that comes to mind for fans wanting a change after years of damaging interceptions, fumbles or, most infamously, the field goal flub when Romo dropped the snap on a kick that could have won his first playoff game in 2006. Cheap Anaheim Ducks Jerseys .ca! Kerry, Two nights after the Scott-Eriksson incident in Buffalo, the Bruins returned home to play San Jose. In that game, Zdeno Chara put a check on Tommy Wingels that clearly targeted his head. OAKLAND, Calif. -- The Seattle Mariners will try to give their wild-card playoff hopes another boost Friday night when they send veteran Hisashi Iwakuma to the mound to face the Oakland As and rookie Daniel Mengden in the opener of a three-game series at the Oakland Coliseum.Iwakuma (14-11, 4.01 ERA) has a career-high-tying four-game losing streak, but he posted quality starts in three of those defeats. In his most recent start, a 4-2 loss Sunday to the Los Angeles Angels at Safeco Field, Iwakuma gave up three runs on eight hits over seven innings, struck out five and walked one.I hate to think where wed be without him this year, Mariners manager Scott Servais said after Iwakumas last start. Hes been very valuable.Before his four-game skid, Iwakuma was 14-4 with a 3.63 ERA in his previous 19 starts, a stretch that ended with a 4-3 victory against the As in Oakland on Aug. 13. Iwakuma allowed three runs on nine hits over 5 1/3 innings with two strikeouts and no walks that day, raising his career record against the Athletics to 8-5. He is 3-0 with a 3.26 ERA in three starts against the As this season.The Mariners (72-68) are 5-11 over their past 16 games, but they ended their seven-game homestand with a 6-3 victory against the Texas Rangers on Thursday night. Seattle won three of four games from the Rangers, who lead the AL West by 8 1/2 games over the Houston Astros and 10 1/2 over the Mariners.The Mariners trail Baltimore by 4 1/2 games for the American Leagues second wild-card spot. They also trail the Detroit Tigers, Houston, the New York Yankees and the Kansas City Royals in the wild-card race.We are not done, Servais said after Thursday nights victory. I know people want to write us off, but we still have a bunch of games to play. Its going to be interesting.Seattle is 7-5 this year against the As (60-79), and two teams wiill meet seven more times, including a season-ending, four-game series at Safeco Field.ddddddddddddengden was called up Saturday from Triple-A Nashville for his second stint with the As this season. He gave up seven runs on eight hits over 2 2/3 innings that night in an 11-2 loss to the Boston Red Sox as his record fell to 1-6 and ERA rose to 6.66.This will be Mengdens first career appearance against the Mariners, but he has watched them enough to know what type of challenge he is in for.Its going to be a tough lineup, but I know if I stick to what I can do and I get ahead, Ill be able to use my stuff and hopefully get some early outs, force weak contact and try to go from there, Mengden said.Mengden started the season at Double-A Midland, jumped to Nashville and earned his first trip to the major leagues in early June. He was sent back to Nashville on July 26 after making nine starts for the As and developing a tired pitching arm. He had his work load reduced at Triple-A, and his arm strength returned.Toward the end of my (first) stint in the big leagues, I was getting a little tired, Mengden said. I feel like my arm wasnt recovering as fast, my (velocity) was down. I wasnt able to make pitches and I got a little wild. I think I was trying to do too much with what I had in the tank.I went down there and had six, seven starts, five innings max, no matter what the pitch count was. It felt really good, not throwing as much and getting a little rest every outing going into it. I feel really good right now.Mengden is 0-5 with a 7.53 ERA at the Coliseum. His career-opening, five-game losing streak at home is tied for the longest in Oakland history with Dallas Braden (2007) and Steve Ontiveros (1985-86). ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 4 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Fake Yeezy
Board Statistics
The forum has 4940 topics and 5296 posts.

0 members have been online today:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen