ther is with them. They can hear his voice describing

in Pony-Like Screenshots Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:08 am
by corse178 • 1.660 Posts

Its been a stormy bye week in Bomberland, with the winds of change knocking over both team president & CEO Garth Buchko and general manager Joe Mack in one fell swoop. But the temporary shelters have been erected; acting CEO Wade Miller and acting general manager Kyle Walters will form the new Blue Bombers brain trust moving forward alongside head coach Tim Burke. And what is the first order of business? "With all of the exterior distractions that have been going around this team the last couple days," said Walters, "(Burke) needs to get the team refocused and dialed in for Friday night because really thats all that matters. And all this other stuff, we need to eliminate these distractions from the players and get them going for Hamilton." But, as it has been for the last few seasons, the quarterback situation remains at the forefront. Two days after Mack and Buchko were canned, Miller, Walters, and Burke named Max Hall the teams starting quarterback - just 11 days after the club publically stated Justin Goltz would be the starting QB "for the rest of the season." "I think like most CFL teams, as the quarterback goes the teams go," Walters told TSN 1050 Radio. "And theres been constant flux and turnover and turmoil - all of this at that position - and there hasnt been real consistency. Weve had a bunch of different guys go through there with varying levels of success. Weve had injuries. We just havent had the stability that you need at that position which is the most important in Canadian football." So now the team has hitched their wagon to Max Hall - at least for this week - a CFL rookie who had a brief stint in the NFL and came out of Bombers training camp the No. 3 option. And while the new brain trust says this is a decision made unanimously by the offensive staff as a whole, struggling second-year offensive coordinator Gary Crowton, who recruited Hall to Brigham Young University in 2004 while he was head coach, has his fingerprints all over this move. "You always try to use the plays in your playbook that help each quarterback," said Crowton. "And the thing that (Hall) does, he can throw in a good rhythm. He gets the ball off quickly with accuracy, and hes aggressive. With that in mind, Ill use the plays in our playbook that will compliment that style of play." "Im very excited, and I think the team is responding. I want to take this thing over and run with it," said Hall, who has shown his penchant for leadership. "Ive spent extra time with the guys in the film room and on the field, and I can feel an excitement and everybody eager to play this game." Hall knows he is being pressed into his first CFL action, but is determined to take advantage of the opportunity. "With more experience you get better, so Im going to fast-track that a little bit by being a starter, but I feel like Im in a spot to where I can go and be successful and keep developing at the same time, and I can make the plays on offence that were missing right now." Crowton, meanwhile, has been on the hot seat all season as his offence has failed to find any sort of rhythm or consistency. "I feel comfortable with the CFL game. The biggest thing that we have to do is with our own personnel. No matter what team youre on you have to use your personnel to get the most out of them to win games." With the team ranking either last or next-to-last in 17 offensive categories, former Tiger-Cats head coach Marcel Bellefeuille was brought in this week as an "offensive consultant" to oversee the offence and provide suggestions. "Obviously Im a humble person right now, but at the same time I know Im a good football coach," added Crowton. "Ive won a lot of games. Ive won many championships. And I think I can do it here. Im trying to get the right combination for our team, for this particular team. Getting the right run-pass mixture. Getting the right up-the-field to underneath throws. Taking shots at the right time. One of the biggest disadvantages anybody has that hasnt been in the league… like myself who hasnt been in the league for a long time, is understanding the other coaches in the league. Theres some good coaches on the defensive side. And so the more I play, the more I go against these teams then the better Ill be because Ill have more of that experience." Notes... Veteran kicker Sandro DeAngelis was signed this week and seems to have impressed enough in practice as he will start in place of Justin Palardy this week… Demond Washington returns after missing a game with a suspected abdomen injury… Paul Swiston will start at right guard in place of Steve Morley. When asked if Morley played his way off or Swiston his way on, Tim Burke stated bluntly, "A little bit of both."… Fourth-year running back Chris Garrett, who has yet to dress for a game this year after tearing his Achilles in training camp in 2012, was released on Wednesday, along with import defensive end Marquis Frazier and import defensive back David James. Cheap Air Max 97 Sale . Instead of dwelling on the negative, Oates focused on what was good about the clubs recent play. It worked. Cheap Air Max 97 Uk Online .35 million, one-year contract that avoided salary arbitration. Plouffe batted .254 with 14 home runs and 52 RBIs in 477 at-bats last season, his second as a regular in the lineup. http://www.cheapairmax97uksale.com/ . Barcelonas entertaining victory ensured the defending Spanish champions retained their share of the league lead with Atletico Madrid two rounds ahead of their meeting in the capital. Real Madrid needed a late goal by substitute Jese Rodriguez to earn a 3-2 victory at Valencia to stay in third place and three points behind its title rivals. Wholesale Air Max 97 . With Parker having a quiet game for once, Nicolas Batum and Boris Diaw provided the scoring as France won its first major basketball title by beating Lithuania 80-66 on Sunday. It was a victory that ended a decade of frustration for Parker and a talented French generation, which lost the final against Spain two years ago and took bronze in 2005. Cheap Air Max 97 Online . At a news conference Tuesday where it was thought that the fiery Schallibaum may be shown the door after a dismal finish to the Major League Soccer season, team president Joey Saputo said no decision has been made on whether the Swiss Volcano will be back in 2014. HIGHLAND PARK, Ill. -- They went on their first date to a Valentines Day dance a few years after the Cubs lost the 1945 World Series. In the seven decades between that night and this one, Rene and Helene Van Hulle raised four kids, losing one of them a decade ago. They moved from the North Side to the suburbs, finally ending up here, in a small apartment with yellow walls, in their respective recliners, waiting on another World Series game to begin. Shes 83, and hes 88. Hes on oxygen all the time, dying, in the care of a hospice nurse. This is the last World Series hell ever see.Rene grew up on the corner of Racine and Waveland, a block from the ballpark. His dad was a janitor, and he became one, too. As a boy, hed climb the fence and sneak into Wrigley Field. He spent four years in the Navy, repairing submarines; she waited three years, 11 months and 26 days for him to do his time and come home to get married. During that time apart, hed mail her Easter corsages to match her outfit. The boy she met all those years ago is still in there; he loves roller coasters, stamp collecting and Wile E. Coyote. Sometimes he still holds a book above his head, with his arms locked, a kind of muscle memory from laying on his back with a wrench.?Tonight, hes wearing a T-shirt from his ship, the USS Orion. Theres a bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue Label in the other room.If we win, his daughter Christine says, well have a shot out of your bottle.Well do that, he says.He closes his eyes for the national anthem, gripping the oxygen tubes with both hands, tapping his left foot, mouthing the words. Soon hes tapping both feet. When he nods off a few minutes later, his daughter touches his knee gently. He wakes up as the game begins, and everyone is telling stories, about the trouble the girls got into and about how Rene sent great gifts home to Helene while they were dating -- the key piece of his strategy to win her over.Its still working, she says, smiling. I still love him.When the doctors placed him in hospice care, essentially sending him home to die about a year ago, he asked his girls if theyd take him back down to Wrigleyville, to see the place where he grew up. That trip brought back so many memories, the World Series season of 1938, and 1945 when all the men were coming back from the war. Driving his block, he still remembered the houses where his friends, nearly all of them dead now, grew up, and where theyd play. He remembered the old German bar, where his mom would help fry fish on Fridays.Hes remembering tonight.I like to reminisce, he says. I aint got that much else to do. Its one of the few joys of getting old.As much as a sporting contest, Friday nights game served as a portal to that time and place. Cuubs flags and banners decorated grave sites all over Chicago; at one suburban cemetery, an old man in a Cubs jacket laid a pennant in between his mother and father.dddddddddddd At Renes apartment, while the game stretched out on TV, Rene and Helene talked about the past. Two of his daughters hung out, and they heard some stories for the first time, leaning in rapt, desperate for every detail because soon it will be too late to ask. Every Easter, the union boss gave him a chocolate egg with a dollar bill in it. Sometimes he and his friends rented a party room in the local auditorium, bought some luncheon meat and a case of beer. He played softball for a team named the Jokers.Even Helene learned some new things.Did you play baseball? she asked.He nodded.What position? she asked.Left.Left what?He grinned.Left out, he said, making fun of his own complete lack of talent.Over and over, they bring up Rene Jr., their son who died in 2007. He was beloved in the Chicago gay community, an activist and leader, and theyd often go hang out at the bar where he worked. Tonight, their daughter Laurie is wearing one of her brothers sweaters, turquoise and worn -- her good luck charm when the Cubs play. Rene Jr.s name is spoken with love and a touch of regret; he loved the Cubs more than any of them. But, for a few minutes at a time as his name is said aloud, their son and brother is with them. They can hear his voice describing seeing the green field for the first time, after only seeing Wrigley on a black and white TV.The nurse is sitting back watching, stunned, because she has been seeing Rene for months and this is the most upbeat and energetic he has been. Thats the greatest gift the Cubs gave so many people around the city Friday night. Who knows how many great days Renes family will have with him? Tonight, he was laughing and cracking jokes, the same sharp and quick man theyve know all their lives. The game woke something in him, something that doesnt come out much anymore.Ive never seen him this good, his nurse says.The girls pour a round of drinks from the Blue Label bottle in the seventh inning, and his nurse says that he can have a sip. The hot whiskey hits his throat and stuns him a little. When the Cubs lose, he curses in Flemish -- the language of his parents, still burned into his memory -- and sinks back into his chair. His time is running short, but tonight, he was living, surrounded by his wife and two of his girls and by the memory of his departed son. He sat in his chair, watching one of the last baseball games hell ever see. His eyes sparkled, and he looked content. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 6 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Fake Yeezy
Board Statistics
The forum has 4940 topics and 5296 posts.

0 members have been online today:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen