halftime and finished with a game-high 11 assists as the

in Pony-Like Screenshots Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:58 am
by corse178 • 1.660 Posts

West Indies captain Jason Holder has said that his side has what it takes to win a Test match, but insisted they must not get complacent after winning only one match. Holder said he was a proud captain to pull off such a fight and beat Pakistan by five wickets in Sharjah. West Indies, after being whitewashed in the ODI and T20I series, showed more resistance than most would have expected to finish the Test series 1-2. This is a very good group of guys, Holder said after the fifth days play. We showed glimpses that we can have what it takes to compete at this level. For us, it is just a matter of consistency. We must not get complacent, we have no reason to be complacent. One Test victory is by all means not enough. We have to stay hungry, and that is something I really believe we have in the group.West Indies tested Pakistan in phases in the entire Test series; they nearly won the Dubai Test and put on a late fight in Abu Dhabi too. The third Test saw Holders men find gaps in Pakistans complacency and carelessness, and went on to win without any troubles on the last day. My message is simple; stay with us and keep supporting us, Holder said. One Test match victory doesnt make us a world beating side, but we have showed people that we can do it. We have what it takes.We have competed with Pakistan throughout this series. We fell short in Dubai, were outplayed in Abu Dhabi, but to finish the last Test on the winning side is a wonderful feeling. For the fans back home, and West Indies fans in general, just keep supporting us, keeping giving us that love, and hopefully this team can turn things around for West Indies. It was extremely important, especially after the Dubai Test match, where many people felt we could have won the game.We personally felt we could have won the game as well, but we didnt get across the line. To come here in this last Test match, and put ourselves in the position to win, and actually get across the line, is a great feeling. We have the ability to win Test matches, it is just about stringing together the complete game. If I could sum up my feelings in one word now, Id say proud. Proud of the character the guys showed, proud of the fight they showed.Winning two Tests was not as easy for Pakistan as they had to overcome resilience by West Indies. Darren Bravos century in Dubai gave Pakistan a scare and Devendra Bishoo frequently tested Pakistans batsmen to finish as the second-highest wicket-taker in the series, taking 18 wickets at an average of 27. His strike rate of 45 was better than Yasir Shahs 55, who was the top wicket-taker with 21 scalps.Another positive for West Indies was opener Kraigg Brathwaite, who became the first opener to stay unbeaten in both innings of a Test, in Sharjah.He carried his bat in the first innings for his 142, and then scored an unbeaten 60 in the second innings to see the side through successfully. He is young; everyone is looking to make their mark on the international circuit, Holder said in Brathwaites praise. Everybody is hungry for success, and one thing I have really enjoyed on this trip is the fact everybody is happy for each others success. We just need to string together consistent performances over an extended period of time. If we can do that, we will get back on the right track, to take West Indies cricket back up to the top.The negative things around West Indies cricket are beyond my control. I cant control who signs contracts, I cant control who is here with me. All I can control is my destiny on the cricket pitch when I step over that line. That goes for everybody in that dressing room. As players, we just have to be responsible for our own individual actions, take our personal pride onto the field, and play good cricket. Mike Mussina Jersey . - Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie never doubted he would bring back coach Dennis Allen for a third year despite back-to-back 4-12 records. Luke Voit Jersey . The formidable trio of Canadian receivers -- individually known as Chris Getzlaf, Rob Bagg and Andy Fantuz -- will share the field at Mosaic Stadium one more time on Sunday. https://www.cheapyankees.com/2121g-randy-johnson-jersey-yankees.html . Spiller left Week 3s 27-20 loss to the New York Jets with a thigh injury, but fully practiced with the team all week and expects to be ready to go on Sunday. Adam Ottavino Jersey . Robinson finished with 17 points, all but two in the second half, and Lawson had 14 after halftime and finished with a game-high 11 assists as the Nuggets handed Dallas its first home loss in eight games this season. J.J. Hickson led Denver with 22, and Kenneth Faried added 10 points and 10 rebounds. Joe Torre Yankees Jersey . Now that hes hitting streaking teammates with pin-point passes for easy layups, Love is asserting himself as one of the true superstars in the league. Defender Oscar McDonald has earned an AFL Rising Star nomination for his role in Melbournes 40-point win over Port Adelaide.McDonald, who is the younger brother of teammate Tom, tallied 23 disposals, nine marks and two tackles in round 21.Oscar has been working really hard at his craft and this award is a great recognition of his effort, Demons coach Paul Roos ssaid.dddddddddddd.McDonalds teammates Clayton Oliver, James Harmes and Christian Petracca have also been been nominated for the Rising Star award.Its the first time Melbourne have had more than three Rising Star nominees in a season. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Paloma
Board Statistics
The forum has 4950 topics and 5306 posts.

0 members have been online today:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen