touchdown and ran for another TD before hurting his right thumb on a helmet

in Introduce Yourself As A Pony! Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:08 am
by ruogu1234 • 270 Posts

The Philadelphia Flyers will try to avoid their first three-game slide in over a month when they visit the last-place Buffalo Sabres for Tuesdays battle at First Niagara Center. You can watch the game live on TSN at 7:30pm et/4:30pm pt. The Flyers had won seven of eight before dropping their last two outings on consecutive days over the weekend. Philadelphia was handed a 6-3 loss by the visiting Tampa Bay Lightning on Saturday afternoon before dropping a 4-1 decision to the Rangers the following night in New York City. Philadelphia dug itself an early 2-0 hole against the Rangers, as former Flyer Daniel Carcillo scored just 2:14 into the game and Rick Nash followed suit only 28 seconds later. New York would hold a 3-0 edge at the end of 20 minutes and pushed its lead to 4-0 in the second period. Mark Streits third-period tally was the lone offense for the Flyers, while Ray Emery allowed all four scores on 35 shots in defeat. "We have to be more ready," Philadelphia head coach Craig Berube said. "You have to be as quick as them." The Flyers havent lost three in a row since an 0-2-1 slide from Dec. 7-11. Philadelphia hopes to get back on track tonight in Western New York, where it has lost two straight. The Flyers did host the Sabres on Nov. 21 and recorded a 4-1 win to open the three-game season series. Philly has won two of three and six of the last eight overall meetings in this matchup. The Sabres, who are in the basement of both the Atlantic Division and Eastern Conference standings, are 2-0-1 over their last three games. Buffalo last played on Sunday, when it recorded a shootout win in Washington. Cody Hodgson registered the shootout winner, as Buffalo snuck past the Capitals, 2-1, at Verizon Center. Five previous shooters failed to produce a marker, until Hodgson made several stick fakes and stuck a wrister high and inside the right post to complete the third round and end the contest. Ryan Miller made 28 saves and improved to 6-1-1 in his last eight starts. One of the three goaltenders in the running to start for Team USA in Sochi, Miller has saved all nine Washington shootout chances this season. Tyler Ennis netted a power-play score in regulation for the Sabres, who have showed signs of improvement with a 6-3-2 record over their last 11 games. "We want to play on the right side of the puck, and we want to create ourselves an identity," said Sabres head coach Ted Nolan. "What type of team do we want to be? Not a team that plays one way for 20 minutes and then slips off for five." Buffalo is 9-12-3 on home ice this season and had won five straight as the host before losing a 2-1 shootout decision to Florida on Thursday. Discount Nike Shoes .J. -- Rampage Jackson scowled, howled, then bellowed to the crowd: "Im back! Im back!" With rebuilt knees and a new promotion, Jackson might have one more act left in MMA. Cheap Nike Shoes From China . According to TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger, the New York Rangers winger skated with extras and goalies today. https://www.wholesalenikeshoesauthentic.com/ . -- John Senden never imagined it would take more than seven years to win again. Cheap Nike Shoes Free Shipping .Mihajlovic was sent off minutes from the end of Thursdays 2-0 win over Brescia and has been punished for using a disrespectful expression toward the fourth official and throwing the contents of a bottle of water at him, thus assuming an intimidating attitude. Wholesale Nike Shoes . So true. It is one thing to create a winning football team, and another to keep it winning. Each and every week it changes. The NFL creates a unique interest of not who is "the best", but much more who is "the best this week".NASHVILLE, Tenn. - The Tennessee Titans have kicked their youth movement into high gear with rookie Zach Mettenberger starting at quarterback against the Houston Texans on Sunday.Jake Locker has missed three of the past four games with injuries, and coach Ken Whisenhunt said Thursday that the decision to go with Mettenberger was made Tuesday. The coach said this is an opportunity to see what the sixth-round draft pick out of LSU can do with the Titans struggling at 2-5.No question hes a talented, young player, and maybe itll give us a spark, Whisenhunt said. Offensively, we havent exactly been lighting it up, so thats part of it in consideration.Whisenhunt waited to announce the change to make sure Locker — who has been sidelined with an injured thumb — is healthy enough to back up Mettenberger. The coach also was trying to buy a day to slow down the Texans preparation for the rookie. The shake-up dropped Charlie Whitehurst, who started three of the past four games with the Titans losing two of those, to third on the depth chart.Mounting losses and injuries seemed to make the change inevitable.The Titans had stuck with Locker, the eighth pick overall in 2011, since hiring Whisenhunt in January. But Locker has missed 17 of a possible 39 starts and finished only three games this season because of injuries.Mettenberger will become the fourth rookie quarterback to start in the NFL this season, the third quarterback for Whisenhunt. The Titans already are starting left tackle Taylor Lewan, linebacker Avery Williamson and running back Bishop Sankey with Mettenberger the fourth of six draft picks to start this season.The quarterback dropped to the sixth round after tearing his left ACL on Nov. 29 playing for LSU but led the NFL this preseason with 659 yards passing. The rookie shaved the beard he started growing during training camp after practice just before talking to reporters.By no means am I a Tom Brady or a Peyton Manning, Mettenberger said as he leaned back against his locker. This is going to be my first game, so really I just got to get the ball out of my hands quick, avoid turnovers and put the ball in the (hands of) guys who can make plays for us. RReally thats the biggest thing a young guys got to do.ddddddddddddWhisenhunt had promised he would be more patient with quarterbacks in his second time around as a head coach. He reached the 2009 Super Bowl in Arizona with Kurt Warner, but the coach cycled through quarterbacks after the veteran left. Whisenhunt started Kevin Kolb, John Skelton, Ryan Lindley and finally Brian Hoyer in his final season in 2012.Once in Tennessee, he inherited Locker who was coming off a Lisfranc injury to his right foot that cost him the final seven games of the 2013 season. The Titans did not pick up Lockers option for 2015 in May, even as they stood behind him as their starter.But Locker hurt his right wrist in a loss at Cincinnati on Sept. 21. He missed a loss at Indianapolis and then started Oct. 5 against Cleveland where he threw for a touchdown and ran for another TD before hurting his right thumb on a helmet.I understood after last year I didnt know kind of how it would go and coming into this year they gave me an opportunity, Locker said. I havent been in. I havent played. Thats been kind of one of those things that Ive dealt with throughout my career, and I imagine it has something to do with that.Fans have been clamouring to see Mettenberger with the Titans losing five of their last six. This franchise also needs to give people a reason to use their tickets and come to the stadium where they have won only two of their last nine home games.Mettenberger fits the profile of the quarterback Whisenhunt has had the most success with: Pittsburghs Ben Roethlisberger. Mettenberger is 6-foot-5 and 224 pounds who can stand in the pocket, and he has a strong arm throwing for 3,082 yards last season at LSU. With Lockers injured thumb, Mettenberger also had taken some practice work with the starters over the past two weeks.He will be the first rookie this franchise has started since 2010. Rusty Smith started at Houston after Vince Young was placed on injured reserve and veteran Kerry Collins was hurt. Smith and the Titans lost 20-0.___Online:AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL___Follow Teresa M. Walker at www.twitter.com/teresamwalker ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Fake Yeezy
Board Statistics
The forum has 4940 topics and 5296 posts.

0 members have been online today:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen